Fancy Dance Good Luck Lion at the National Museum of the American Indian in NYC. (Photo courtesy of Jason Lujan.)
- In NYC: Jason Lujan, Sky Medicine Bear, Donna Ahmadi, Louis Mofise, Tsyon Draper and White Crane Kung Fu in two 20 minute performances, Fancy Dance Good Luck Lion, in front of the Museum of the American Indian this Thursday, July 10th at 5:30 p.m. and Friday, July 11th at 12:30 p.m.
- In NYC: Radiance from the Rain Forest: Featherwork in Ancient Peru, at the Met, through Sept. 1st.
- In NYC: New Views, Re-Views, a group show, at Cavin Morris, opens today.
- In NYC: Inoperable in Nü York, at Alphabeta, in Brooklyn, this Thursday.
- In Miami: Martin Oppel at Perrotin.
- In L.A.: The L.A. Art Girls Biennale at Phantom Galleries, opens Thursday.
- In L.A.: Maria Sybilla Meriam & Her Daughters: Women of Art and Science, at the Getty. (It’s an estrogen-fest in SoCal!)
- In Oakland: Jim Campbell at the Berkeley Art Museum, through August 3rd. (Here’s a video I shot of one of his LED pieces at Bryce Wolkowitz in NYC earlier this year.)
- In Berlin: El Tono, Nomad, Dolk and others, in Urban Affairs, a street art show, at Landsberger Allee 54, through August 3rd. (Via Art21.)
- In Berlin: A retrospective of the photography of Hiroshi Sugimoto at the Neue Nationalgalerie, through October 5th.
Posted by C-Monster.