Corridor, Dachau, 2005 by Yaniv Waissa. From the series, Here They Are Flying… Flew… Already Gone. (Image courtesy of Yaniv Waissa.)
Almost forgot: Congrats to Richard of Washington, D.C. for winning the Stikman giveaway extravaganza. Your little men are now making their way to you. xox, C.
- What Jimmy Fallon can teach newspapers.
- A solution to every museum’s money problems: a show about nothing.
- Chinese bidder of looted Qing heads at Yves Saint Laurent auction refuses to pay for them as a statement of protest. The bidder reportedly acted without the support of the Chinese government.
- Photo Essay: Stills from “Communism’s seismographic films.”
- The winner of LACMA’s Urban Light photo contest.
- David Zwirner still selling expensive art.
- An Italian researcher may have found a self-portrait of Da Vinci as a young man. (ArtInfo.)
- This is for all the writer geeks. (Personism.)
- Blagojevich to write a book. (Flavorwire.)
- The energy diet. (architecture.mnp.)
- Annie Liebovitz’s financial woes stem from having to pay taxes on her deceased partner, Susan Sontag’s estate — something she wouldn’t have to do if they’d been married.
- Baldessari remixes Mies. Boy, would I love me one of them nose-shaped wall sconces.
- Today’s Graff: A whale by Screw in Argentina.
- 90 years of Bauhaus. Photo essay here. (ArchDaily.)
- A home dome made of plastic, wire and packing peanuts.
- Since Art Fag City has been doing vag, I guess I’ll do boobs.
- Your moment of camels.