Succession, April 1935, by Vasily Kandinsky. (Image courtesy of The Phillips Collection and the Guggenheim.)
- In NYC: Kandinsky at the Guggenheim, opens Friday.
- In NYC: Georgia O’Keeffe: Abstraction at the Whitney, opens today.
- In NYC: The Blackout Film Festival, begins Saturday.
- In NYC: Textual Landscapes: Real and Imagined, with Jim Campbell, Airan Kang, Yong-Seok Oh, Alan Rath, Ben Rubin and Marina Zurkow, at Bryce Wolkowitz, opens Friday.
- In Brooklyn: Liz Atzberger and Takashi Matsumoto at the Laundromat, opens Saturday one-day only.
- In Brooklyn: Tim Kent, All That Is Solid Melts Into Air, at Factory Fresh, opens tonight at 7pm.
- In Chicago: Allan Sekula: Polonia and Other Fables at the Renaissance Society at the University of Chicago, opens Sunday.
- In L.A.: David Lynch, at Griffin, in Santa Monica, through Dec. 12.
- In Pasadena: Barry McGee, untitled, at 2 E. Holly Street, opens Saturday at 12 p.m.
- In Berlin: William Hundley, Entoptic Phenomena, at Galerie Hunchentoot, opens Friday.
- In Milan: Regina Jose Galindo, Juegos de Poder, at Prometeo Gallery, opens Friday at 7 p.m.