Untitled, 2007, from the Departure series, by Daniel Everett, at Sullivan Galleries in Chicago. (Image courtesy of Daniel Everett.)
**So y’all know: MacArthur Genius grants were announced this morning. Winners include artists Mark Bradford and Camille Utterback and novelist Edwidge Danticat.
- In Chicago: New Approaches: Four Exhibitions of Current Work, a group show, at Sullivan Galleries, through Saturday.
- In Albany: Berenice Abbott’s Changing New York: A Triumph of Public Art at the New York State Museum, through Oct. 4.
- In Albany: Jennifer Dalton, Is It Just Me?, at Hudson Valley Community College Teaching Gallery, through Oct. 24.
- In NYC: Closing party for Pandemic37 at Pandemic Gallery in Brooklyn, tonight at 6pm.
- In NYC: Brooklyn Gravity Racers at the Boiler, beginning Wednesday at 6 p.m.
- In NYC: We Are Familia presents Seb Jarnot at Reed Space, opens Thursday.
- In Philadelphia: Lace in Transition, three contemporary installations inspired by traditional lace imagery, at the Design Center, opens Thursday.
- In L.A.: A rare presentation of Joseph Beuys multiples at LACMA, through June 2010.
- In L.A.: Mondo Gronk: Photographs at Drkrm. Gallery, near Chinatown, through Oct. 18.
- In Seattle: Leo Saul Berk at Lawrimore Project, opens today at 6 p.m.
- In London: Moctezuma: Aztec Ruler, at the British Museum, opens Thursday.
- In Madrid: Leon Ferrari and Mira Schendel: Objects of Silence, Written Paintings at the Reina Sofia, opens today.
- In Paris: Parrworld: The Collection of Martin Parr at Jeu de Paume, through Sept. 27.
- In Berlin: Art Berlin Contemporary, a public art installation project, opens Wednesday.