Regina Jose Galindo. (Image by C-M.)
- In NYC: Regina Jose Galindo at Exit Art, opens Friday at 7pm, with a performance by Galindo at 8:30 p.m.
- In NYC: The New York Art Book Fair, at P.S. 1 in Queens; this Friday and Saturday from 11am – 5pm.
- In NYC: Susan Anderson, High Glitz: The Extravagant World of Child Beauty Pageants, at PowerHouse Arena in Dumbo, opens tonight at 7 p.m.
- In NYC: Mark Leckey at the Abrons Arts Center, part of MoMA’s performance exhibition series, begins this evening at 8 p.m. and runs through Saturday. Worth it just to see the Turner Prize-winner’s ABBA hairdo!
- In NYC: The Lost New York Conference at NYU, starts Friday at 4 p.m. My highly-entertaining buddy Alex will be speaking on Saturday at 2 p.m., on a panel titled Blogging the Apocalypse: New Media, New Genres and the Literature of a Lost City.
- In Miami: Child of the Sun: Frank Lloyd Wright’s Florida Southern College, featuring the photography of Robin Hill, at the Irvin Korach Gallery at the University of Miami School of Architecture, through Oct. 11.
- In L.A.: Travis Somerville: Dedicated to the Proposition at Ben Maltz Gallery at Otis, opens Saturday at 3:15 p.m.
- In Kingston-Upon-Thames, England: Strange Places: Urban Landscape Photography at the Stanley Picker Gallery at Kingston University, through Nov. 21. (@PD_Smith.)
- In Paris: Takashi Murakami at Emmanuel Perrotin, through Oct. 17.