This makes me wish I was in L.A. right now. I’ve always been fascinated by the city’s oil derricks beam pumping units. (Thank you, RWB.) Now you can tour them with the Center for Land Use Interpretation — this Friday, Dec. 18th at 12 p.m. Tickets ($30) must be purchased in advance. (Image courtesy of CLUI. Via BLDGBLOG.)
- In L.A.: Nothing New: Amir Zaki Selects Vintage Photographs of Southern California, 1870-1950 at Steve Turner Contemporary, through Saturday.
- In L.A.: Susan Anderson, High Glitz, at Kopeikin Gallery, through Dec. 24.
- In Chicago: Liam Gillick at the Museum of Contemporary Art, through Jan. 10.
- In NYC: Gabriel Orozco at MoMA, through Mar. 1. The NYT has a story and slideshow, plus a review.
- In NYC: Dan Flavin at David Zwirner, through Saturday.
- In Nottingham: David Hockney: 1960-1968, A Marriage of Styles, at Nottingham Contemporary, through Jan. 24.
- In Amsterdam: Sex Cinema Venus at Foam, through Wednesday.
- In Amsterdam: Tavern Scenes in the Rijksmuseum at the Rijksmuseum, through March 1. Promises to be good and lushy.