Stonerrific: Chrysler Wallpaper by Thomas Bayrle at the Venice Biennale 2009. See it large. (Photo by San Suzie.)
Because everyone and their mother has a year-end list wrapping up all the newsy, important stuff in the known universe, the staff here at C-Monster.net decided to stay away from topical affairs and dedicate its list to the people from 2009 we most want to eat pink cake with.
- James Franco. For equating General Hospital with performance art (in the Wall Street Journal, no less). We’ll buy that.
- Vik Muniz. For all the chocolate art. And the Rebus show at MoMA.
- Paul Pfeiffer. Duuude. (See Caryatid.)
- Werner Herzog. Because he is completely insane in only the best, most Teutonic way. Plus, he teamed up with David Lynch this year. It doesn’t get stonier than that.
- Maurizio Cattelan. How do you say whoa in Italian?
- Pipilotti Rist and Ernesto Neto. At the same time. Inside one of their installations.
- Tim Burton. Shit, he’s Tim Burton…and he has a MoMA retrospective.
- David Attenborough. How else would we know about slug sex?
- Lady Gaga. The music is totally uninteresting, but the visuals, oh the visuals…
- Jerry Saltz. Seriously, dude. Bring Roberta and we’ll blaze.
Happy 2010, everyone! See you in the New Year…
xox, C-Mon + San Suzie