Untitled, 1969 by Doug Wheeler at David Zwirner Gallery. Part of the exhibit Primary Atmospheres: Works from California 1960-1970, on display until Feb. 6. Gallery Beat has a report, as does the always awesome 16 miles. (Image courtesy of 16 miles.)
- In NYC: Christian Hellmich, The Array/Transfer-Domino, at Lehman Maupin, opens Thursday.
- In NYC: Amy Greenfield, Untitled Nude, at creativethriftshop in Williamsburg, opens Friday at 6 p.m.
- In NYC: Eddie Martinez, New Works, at ZieherSmith, opens Thursday at 6 p.m.
- In NYC: An ArtTable panel about blogging, with Ed Winkleman, Paddy Johnson, Barry Hoggard, William Powhida and Kelly Shindler, this Friday at X Initiative, at 6:30 p.m. Be sure to RSVP.
- In NYC: The Devil You Know, featuring the marionettes of Erik Sanko, at La Mama’s Ellen Stewart Theatre, through Jan. 24.
- In NYC: Marvelous Color, a comic art exhibit, at the Caribbean Cultural Center African Diaspora Institute, through Feb. 26.
- In Seattle: Wet and Leatherhard at the Lawrimore Project, through Feb. 13.
- In S.F.: Emigre, an exhibit on typography, at Gallery 16, through Jan. 29.
- In London: Emily Prince, American Servicemen and Women Who Have Died in Iraq and Afghanistan (But Not Including the Wounded, Nor the Iraqis Nor the Afghans), at the Saatchi Gallery, through May 7.