Note: From here on out, there’s gonna be a coupla changes to listings. On Tuesdays, you’ll continue to find all the usual international art craziness here on C-Mon. On Thursdays, you can find my New York area art picks over at WNYC’s Gallerina. (That’s me!) Bookmark the link… there’s more to come.
- L.A.: Diana Al-Hadid at the Hammer Museum projects space, opens Saturday.
- San Pedro, Calif.: Angels Gate Open Studios, this Sunday from 10am-4pm. From 1pm-4pm, the center will also be home to Artist Bailout: Renegade Bounty Exchange, a creative micro-grant fundraiser (involving food!) for struggling artists, and the opening of the group show, Mass Emergencies.
- Seattle: Martha Colburn, Puppet Regime, at Ambach & Rice, opens Saturday at 7pm.
- Columbus, Oh.: Mark Bradford, at the Wexner Center for the Arts, through Aug. 15.
- NYC: Zero Day Exploits, installations, video and performance at St. Cecilia’s, this Saturday at 8pm.
- NYC: Stand Clear of the Closing Doors, at Pandemic Gallery in Brooklyn, opens Friday.
- NYC: Ernie Gehr, Surveillance, at Madison Square Park, through Friday.
- Bristol, England: Art From the New World: A Big Brash Exhibition from the New American Art Scene, at Bristol’s City Museum & Art Gallery, opens Saturday.
- Amsterdam: ArtPie/Kunstvlaai 2010, a biannual arts festival, at Cultuurpark Westerasfabriek, opens Saturday at 4pm.