Untitled, 2010, by Maria Nepomuceno. Part of the group show Touched, at Lehmann Maupin in Chelsea, NYC, through Aug. 13. (Image courtesy of Lehmann Maupin.)
- NYC: Paul Chan in Conversation with Tim Griffin, at the Abrons Arts Center in downtown Manhattan, this Thursday at 7pm.
- NYC: Irrelevant: Local Emerging Asian Artists Who Don’t Make Art About Being Asian, at Ariario, opens Thursday at 6pm.
- NYC: Bill Saylor, Ghost Light Junky, at The Journal Gallery in Brooklyn, through Aug. 15.
- L.A.: Klutch Stanaway, Altaira, at Solway Jones, opens Saturday.
- Portland, Ore.: Cris Bruch, Gather and Wait, at Elizabeth Leach, opens Thursday at 6pm.
- Seattle: Magicality, a group how organized by William Powhida and Eric Trosko, at Platform Gallery, opens Thursday at 6pm.
- Essen, Germany: A Star Is Born: Photography and Rock since Elvis, at the Museum Folkwang, opens Friday.
- Berlin: Throughout the month of July, Triple Canopy is hosting a series of discussions in related to art and its practice at Program. Of particular interest to me is the July 22nd conversation, Print and Demand, on how print culture is being changed by the Internet.
- Plus: The BP Augmented Reality app.