Tupelo, 2008, by Jack Pierson. Part of the group show Country Music, at Blum & Poe in L.A., through Aug. 21. (Image courtesy of Cheim & Reid, via Blum & Poe.)
- S.F.: It’s My World, at Baer Ridgway, opens this Saturday at 7pm.
- L.A.: Graciela Iturbide, asor, at Rose Gallery in Santa Monica, opens Saturday at 5pm.
- L.A.: Catherine Opie: Figure and Landscape, at LACMA, opens Sunday.
- L.A.: Portrait, a group show, at Thomas Solomon Gallery, through Aug. 14.
- San Diego: Viva La Revolucion: A Dialogue with the Urban Landscape, at MCASD, through Jan. 2, 2011.
- Santa Fe: Line, Curve, Form at David Richard Contemporary, opens today.
- Austin: Michael Krumenacker, Your Hair is Mine, at Testsite, opens Sunday at 2pm.
- Miami: New Work Miami, at the Miami Art Museum, through Oct. 17.
- NYC: Star Wars and Modernism, a presentation and screening by John Powers and Luke DuBois, at Hyperallergic HQ in Williamsburg, tomorrow at 8pm.
- NYC: Young Curators, New Ideas, at PPOW, opens Thursday.
- NYC: Lush Life, a group show of 60 artists, curated by Franklin Evans and Omar Lopez, at Lehmann Maupin, and eight other Lower East Side galleries, through Aug. 13.
- NYC: Eadweard Muybridge, Animal Locomotion, at Laurence Miller Gallery, through Aug. 19.
- Berlin: Gordon Matta-Clark at Galerie Thomas Schutte, through Jul. 31.