Veruschka, in a dress by Kimberly, as photographed by Richard Avedon in 1967. Part of the exhibit Avedon Fashion 1944-2000 at the Museum of Fine Arts Boston, which opens today. (Image courtesy of the Boston MFA and the Richard Avedon Foundation.)
Congrats to Marshall for winning the C-Mon Giveaway Extravaganza, Girls, Girls, Girls edition. These leggy ladies are all yours.
- Newport Beach, Calif.: Ed Templeton, in conversation with Greg Escalante and CR Stecyk III, at the Orange County Museum of Art, this Thursday, at 6pm. Free with museum admission.
- L.A.: Summer Drawing Show, with Geoff McFetridge, Meryl Smith, Ben Jones and many others, at Family’s Back Room Gallery, through Sept. 7.
- L.A.: John Divola at Laxart, through Aug. 21.
- L.A.: Dave Eggers and Spike Jonze at Family, on Fairfax, in celebration of the new McSweeney’s books, this Saturday, at 8:30pm.
- S.F.: From the Street to the Cube, with Above, Eine, Shepard Fairey, C215 and many others, at 941 Geary, through Aug. 28.
- Seattle: Orange Crush, PUNCH artists explore the most awesome color in the world, at the PUNCH Gallery, through Aug. 28. Criticisms of cutesy curatorial stunts be damned, I love orange. (Another Bouncing Ball.)
- Miami: ArtLab @ The Lowe: The Changing Face of Art and Politics, at the Lowe Museum of Art, through April 4
- Princeton, N.J.: Starburst, at the Princeton Museum, through Sept. 26.
- London: Joseph Cornell and Karen Kilimnik at Sprueth Magers, through Aug. 27.
- London: Gabriel Specter at the Pure Evil Gallery, through Aug. 24.
- Antwerp: American Documents, at the Fotomuseum, through Sept. 5. (This looks amazing.)
- Berlin: Unbuilt Berlin, at the Café Moskau, through Aug. 15.