Katrina U Bitch, by Richard Misrach. Part of exhibitionUNTITLED [New Orleans and the Gulf Coast 2005]: The Photographs of Richard Misrach, at the New Orleans Museum of Art, opens Saturday. (Image courtesy of Richard Misrach and the New Orleans Museum of Art.)
- Seattle: Playboys and Killjoys, a group show featuring Raymond Pettibon, Sara Greenberg Rafferty, Eric Yahnker and others, at Ambach & Rice, opens Saturday at 7pm.
- L.A.: Supernatural, at Jancar Gallery, in Chinatown, through Saturday.
- L.A.: Martin Durazo, Pain Management 100, at 18th Street Arts Center, in Santa Monica, through Sept. 24.
- NYC: Convergence NYC at the 69th Regiment Armory, in Manhattan, from Saturday through Sunday.
- NYC: Manuel Acevedo: Keys of Light, at the Bronx River Arts Center, through Aug. 28
- NYC: Amalgamations, a solo show by Eddie Ochoa, at Pandemic Gallery in Williamsburg, opens Friday at 7pm.
- London: Alice Neel at Whitechapel Gallery, through Sept. 19.
- Amsterdam: Ariane Roesch, Playmates, at PS Projects Space, through Aug. 31. (Harry Gamboa.)