Jay Adams, by Glen E. Friedman. Part of Friedman’s solo exhibit Fuck You All at 941 Geary in San Francisco, through Dec. 31. (Image courtesy of 941 Geary.)
- Seattle: Bert Rodriguez, Weeping Monolith and Where My Eyes Meet You, at Lawrimore Project, through Nov. 21.
- S.F.: Jennie Ottinger, Due By, at Johansson Projects, opens Thursday. Artist’s reception on Saturday, Nov. 13 at 5pm.
- S.F.: Ericailcane, We Were Living in the Woods, at Fifty24SF, opens Thursday at 7:30pm.
- L.A.: Joan Mitchell: The Last Decade, at Gagosian in Beverly Hills, opens Saturday.
- L.A.: Edgar Arceneaux, The Algorythm Doesn’t Leave You, at Susanne Vielmetter Projects, through Dec. 11.
- L.A.: Michael Chelbin, The Black Eye, at M+B Gallery, through Dec. 4.
- L.A.: Einar and Jamex de la Torre, La Reconquista, at the Craft & Folk Art Museum, through Jan. 9.
- Austin: Rob Verf and Roberto Tejada at testsite, opens Sunday.
- NYC: David Armstrong, Mad About the Boy, at Half Gallery, opens Wednesday at 6pm.
- NYC: Erwin Wurm, Gulp, at Lehmann Maupin, through Dec. 4.
- NYC: Jan Huling: Walking Under Ladders and Boom and Bust: Ceramic Commentary, at Lyons Wier, opens Thursday at 6pm.
- NYC: Claire Pentecost, Interior Studies, at Higher Pictures, through Dec. 11.
- NYC: Sew Draw, a group show, at Pandemic in Williamsburg, opens Friday.
- Miami: The Margulies Collection at the Warehouse opens its doors for the season with Africa: Photography and Video, in addition to displays by Jene Highstein and Michelangelo Pistoleto, this Wednesday.
- Milan: Disquieting Images, at the Triennale, through Jan. 9.