Adam Ekberg, The Arsonist’s Shadow, at Platform Gallery in Seattle. Opens this Thursday, January 6 at 6pm. (Image courtesy of Platform.)
- S.F.: WTF: New Works by Dan Witz, at White Walls, opens Saturday at 7pm.
- L.A.: Open: A 25th Anniversary Show, at Mark Moore Gallery, in Santa Monica, opens Saturday at 5pm.
- L.A.: After the Rain: Boogie, Guy Denning, Aakash Nihalani and Pascual Sisto, at the Carmichael Gallery, opens Saturday at 6pm.
- L.A.: Freeflow, with Barry McGee, Ed Templeton and others, at Roberts & Tilton, opens Saturday at 6pm.
- Aspen: Mamma Andersson at the Aspen Art Museum, through Feb. 6.
- Chicago: New Chicago Comics, at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, opens Saturday.
- Chicago: The Collective, the final exhibit at David Weinberg Gallery, opens Friday at 5pm.
- NYC: Leslie Thornton, Binocular, at Winkleman Gallery, opens Thursday at 6pm.
- NYC: Amanda Burnham: From the Land of Pleasant Living, at Benrimon Contemporary, opens Thursday.
- NYC: Here and Now, a group show, at Lyons Wier, opens Saturday at 6pm.
- NYC: My pal Marissa Schlesinger gives a talk on the Rich Religious History of the Temple of Dendur, at the Met, this Friday at 7pm. This lady knows her Egyptology. Don’t miss!
- London: High Society, at the Wellcome Collection, through Feb. 27.
- London: Gaugin, at the Tate Modern, through Jan. 16.
- London: Damián Ortega at the Barbican Centre, through Jan. 16.
- Paris: Pascal Fellonneau, Cold Cold Ground, at La Fontaine Obscure, opens Wednesday at 6:30pm.