Undocumented Interventions_13, by Julio César Morales. Part of the solo exhibit Contrabando, at Frey Norris, in San Francisco. Opens this Saturday; reception at 4pm. (Image courtesy of Frey Norris.)
- North Adams, Mass.: Memery: Imitation, Memory, and Internet Culture at MASS MoCA, opens Sunday.
- NYC: El Celso, No Habla Español CLOSING PARTY, this Saturday at Pandemic Gallery at 7pm. Come dance with us in the chicha disco before it closes.
- NYC: Ryan Frank, R. Justin Stewart and Morgan Levy, Art & Lies, at Invisible Dog Art Center, in Brooklyn, opens Friday at 6pm.
- NYC: 2×4, with Jim Lee, Jamie Powell, Michael Scoggins and Carmen Tiffany, at the Laundromat, in Bushwick, this Saturday and Sunday.’
- NYC: Andreas Gefeller, The Japan Series, at Hasted Kraeutler, opens Thursday.
- NYC: Wash Your Face, a performance by Fluxus artist Ben Patterson, at Third Streaming in SoHo, this Friday at 6:00pm. ($10 suggested donation.)
- NYC: Unpainted Paintings, at Luxembourg & Dayan, through May 27.
- NYC: Paul Chan reads from Phaedrus Pron at 192 Books, in Chelsea, this evening at 7pm.
- NYC: Infinite Variety: Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts, at the Park Avenue Armory, through Wednesday. (Get over there. This is about to close.)
- NYC: Pantheon, a history of art from the streets, in the chashama windows at Donnell Library (across from MoMA), starting this Saturday.
- Philadelphia: Robots Will Kill, at Vincent Michael Gallery, opens Friday at 7pm.
- San Diego: Streetwise: Masters of Street Photography, at the San Diego Museum of Photographic Arts, through May 15.
- L.A.: David Smith: Cubes and Anarchy, at LACMA, opens Sunday.
- L.A.: Surface Truths: Abstract Paintings in the Sixties, at the Norton Museum of Art, through Aug. 15.
- L.A.: My Super Hero: New Contemporary Art from Iran, at Morono Kiang Gallery, in downtown, through April 30.
- Seattle: Matt Sellars, Supra Tidal, at Platform Gallery, opens Thursday at 6pm.