Silver Dollar (Ruinas), by Diego J. Garza. Part of the exhibit After the Gold Rush: Reflections and Postscripts on the National Chicano Moratorium of August 29th, 1970, at the Vincent Price Art Museum. Opens Friday at 6pm, in Monterey Park. (Image courtesy of VPAM.)
- L.A.: Roberts and Tilton is hosting a book party for the launch of L.A. Object & David Hammons Body Prints this Saturday at 5pm in Culver City. This sounds like the kinda book I’d want to read.
- L.A.: Andrea Zittel at Regen Projects. Opens Friday, in West Hollywood.
- L.A.: Gronk, Empty Lines, at L2kontemporary. Opens Saturday, in Echo Park.
- Long Beach: MEX/LA: Mexican Modernism(s) in Los Angeles 1930-1985, at the Museum of Latin American Art. Opens Sunday.
- NYC: And Another Thing, a group show, at the CUNY Graduate Center on Fifth Avenue. Through October 29, in Midtown.
- Plus, find all my latest NYC recommends over at Gallerina — including the all-kinds-of-awesome de Kooning retrospective at MoMA… Don’t miss!