Fallen Star, by Do Ho Suh, at the Stuart Collection at UC San Diego. Opens Thursday, in La Jolla. (Image courtesy of the artist and UCSD.)
- NYC: Unknown Corot: Unpublished Drawings, at Jill Newhouse Gallery. Through July 13 on the Upper East Side.
- NYC: Lisa Richardson, The Party’s Over, at Yancey Richardson. Through July 6, in Chelsea.
- Beacon, NY: Circa 1971: Early Video & Film from the EAI Archive, at Dia: Beacon. Through September 4, in the Hudson Valley. Don’t miss the video by the group TVTV called Four More Years, in which the artists interviewed journalists covering the 1972 G.O.P. convention. It’s a portrait of cynicism, maneuvering and Kabuki-style political theater.
- Fort Worth: American Vanguards: Graham, Davis, Gorky, de Kooning and Their Circle, 1927-1942, at the Amon Carter Museum of American Art. Opens Saturday, in the Cultural District.
- L.A.: Heaven, Hell and Dying Well: Images of Death in the Middle Ages, at the Getty Center. Through August 12, in West L.A.
- L.A.: Hot White Flesh Ties, at Favorite Goods. Opens Saturday at 7pm, in Chinatown.
- Plus: Get all my latest New York picks at Gallerina…