A piece by Flying Fortress in Munich. The artist’s work will be shown in the solo exhibit The One Man Army, at Mighty Tanaka in Brooklyn. Opens Friday at 6pm. (Photo by txmx 2.)
- Honolulu: Tattoo Honolulu, at the Honolulu Museum of Art. Also going on view at the same time: Hiroshige: An Artist’s Journey. Opens Thursday.
- L.A.: The Road Ahead, a group show, at Roberts & Tilton. Opens this Saturday at 6pm, in Culver City.
- NYC: Deric Carner, The Light That Failed, at Romer Young Gallery. Opens Friday at 6pm.
- NYC: Robert Rauschenberg: North African Collages and Scatole Personali c. 1952, at Craig F. Starr. Through August 10.
- NYC: Northside Art festival, all over Williamsburg and Greenpoint. From Friday through Sunday.
- Berlin: Alfredo Jaar, The Way It Is: An Aesthetics of Resistance, at NGBK. Opens Friday.
- Hamburg: Wim Wenders, Places Strange and Quiet, at the Sammlung Falckenberg. Through August 19.
- Stockholm: Street Smart, at Kulturehuset. Opens Thursday.