A couple of days ago, a single ray of light from a clerestory window at Qorikancha illuminated a single stack of bottles from Celso‘s La Luz installation (at left), in Cuzco, Peru. Final night is tonight. Please come by at 7pm and take home a piece of the work. (Photo by C-M; click on the image to see it large.)
- Chicago: MCA DNA: John Cage, at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chiago. Opens Saturday.
- NYC: Doris Duke’s Shangri-La, at the Museum of Arts & Design. Opens next Tuesday, at Columbus Circle.
- NYC: Petrochemical America: Photographs by Richard Misrach, Throughlines by Kate Orff/SCAPE, at Aperture. Through October 6, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Myths and Realities, at SVA’s Visual Arts Gallery. Opens today, in Chelsea.
- Kingston, NY: Maria Kozak and Richard Saja, The Other, More Secret Garden, at One Mile Gallery. Opens Saturday, in the Hudson Valley.
- From the Department of Botched Restoration. I know this has already made the rounds, but I can’t resist. And I don’t know ‘bout y’all, but I kinda like the new version — it’s very George Condo.