[Man Serving Head on a Platter], William Robert Bowles, circa 1900. Part of the exhibit Faking It: Manipulated Photography Before Photoshop, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Opens Thursday, in New York. If you’re not in NYC, the Met has done everyone the great favor of putting many images from this show online. Check it! (Image courtesy of the Met.)
- NYC: Dürer to De Kooning: 100 Master Drawings From Munich, at the Morgan Library. Opens Friday, in Midtown.
- NYC: KK Kozik and Wendy Klemperer, at Storefront Bushwick. Opens Friday at 6pm, in Bushwick.
- NYC: The Savage Detectives, at RH Gallery. Through October 25, in Tribeca.
- Washington, D.C.: Roy Lichtenstein: A Retrospective, at the National Gallery of Art. Opens Sunday.
- Atlanta: Fast Forward: Modern Moments 1913>>2013, at the High Museum. Opens Saturday.
- London: WWW: World Wide Web, at Further Afield Gallery. Opens Saturday at 1pm.
- London: Frieze London. Opens Thursday at noon, through Sunday at 6pm, in Regent’s Park.
- London: Moving Image Contemporary Video Art Fair, at the Bargehouse. From Thursday to Sunday, on the South Bank.
- Ravenna: Dianne Bowen, Dimmi Tutto: Tell Me Everything, at Nesting Art. Opens Saturday at 6pm.