Caprice Scraping, 1997, by Estevan Oriol. In the exhibit Like Father, Like Son: NYC, at the Carmichael Gallery New York Pop-Up at chashama. Opens November 8, in Chelsea. (Image courtesy of the artist and Carmichael.)
- Pittsburgh: Warhol: Headlines, at the Warhol Museum. Through January 6.
- NYC: Gordon Parks: A Harlem Family 1967, and Fore, at the Studio Museum. Opens Monday, in Harlem.
- NYC: The Drawing Center officially re-opens this week after an extensive renovation and expansion. In the galleries: the notebooks of José Antonio Suárez Londoño. On view through December 9th, in SoHo.
- NYC: Matta, Rammellzee, Futura and Phase 2, Deep Space, at Joseph Nahmad Contemporary. Opens Friday at 6pm, in the Meatpacking District.
- NYC: Phyllida Barlow, …later, at Hauser & Wirth. Through December 22, on the Upper East Side.
- NYC: Diana Thater, Chernobyl, at David Zwirner. Opens Friday, in Chelsea. Note: The gallery’s planned exhibits on Francis Alÿs and Luc Tuymans have been rescheduled for early January.
- NYC: Edgar Arceneaux, Building Loving and Distrustful, at Maccarone. Opens Saturday at 6pm, in the Meatpacking District.
- NYC: Sophie Calle book launch and signing, for The Address Book, at 192 Books.
This eveningat 192 Books, in Chelsea. Update: Due to the inclement weather, this has been rescheduled for Saturday at 6pm.
- NYC: Babyharvester opening night, the final Babycastles exhibition of 2012, at the Clocktower Gallery. Next Tuesday, in the downtown Manhattan civic center areas.
- Belfast: Claire Morgan, Gone to Seed, at the MAC. Through January 20.