After processing they wait at railroad station for transportation to mine, 1960-66, by Ernest Cole. Part of the exhibit South Africa in Apartheid and After: David Goldblatt, Ernest Cole and Billy Monk, at SFMOMA. Opens Saturday. (Courtesy of the Hasselblad Foundation, Gothenburg © The Ernest Cole Family Trust.)
- L.A.: Lost in L.A., at the L.A. Municipal Art Gallery at Barnsdall Park. Opens Saturday, in Hollywood.
- Houston: The Progress of Love, at the Menil Collection. Opens Sunday.
- Miami: Esther Shalev-Gerz, Describing Labor, at the Wolfsonian. Opens today, at Florida International University.
- NYC: Fred Herzog: In Color, at Laurence Miller Gallery. Opens today, in Midtown.
- NYC: Gary Simmons, a survey exhibition, at Metro Pictures. Opens today, in Chelsea.
- NYC: David Humphrey and James Siena, at Valentine Gallery. Opens Friday at 6pm, in Bushwick.
- Kingston, NY: Mark Hogancamp, Crash Landing!, at One Mile Gallery. Opens Saturday at 2pm, in the Hudson Valley.
- Lima: Alberto Borea at Galería Lucía de la Puenta. Now on view, in Barranco.