Bridget’s Bardot, 2009, a Ganzfeld space by James Turrell. Part of the artist’s solo exhibition James Turrell: A Retrospective, at the L.A. County Museum of Art. Opens Sunday. (Copyright James Turrell. Photo by Florian Holzherr.)
- L.A.: A. Quincy Jones, Building for Better Living, at the Hammer Museum. Opens Thursday, in Westwood.
- Sheboygan, Wisc.: Uncommon Ground, at the John Michael Kohler Arts Center. Through August 18.
- Miami: Modern Meals: Remaking American Foods From Farm to Kitchen, at the Wolfsonian Museum. Through September 29, in Miami Beach.
- NYC: Edward Hopper, Hopper Drawing, at the Whitney Museum. Opens Thursday.
- NYC: Takuma Nakahira, Circulation: Date, Place, Events, at Yossi Milo Gallery. Opens Thursday at 6pm, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Jogging: Soon, an exhibition at Still House. Opens Friday at 6pm, in Red Hook.
- NYC: Lee Arnold, Rick Caruso, Christina Kelly and Michael Krondle, Natural Selection, at Trestle Gallery. Opens Friday, in Gowanus.
- Milan: Mike Kelley: Eternity is a Long Time, at HangarBicocca. Opens today.