Steeped, 2011, by Robert Pruitt. The artist is having a solo exhibition, Women, at the Studio Museum in Harlem; opening Thursday. (Image courtesy of the artist.)
- NYC: Body Language, at the Studio Museum. Opens Thursday, in Harlem.
- NYC: Walker Evans American Photographs, at the Museum of Modern Art. Opens Friday.
- NYC: Monika Grzymala, Volumen, at the Morgan Library & Museum — part of the museum’s summer sculpture series. Opens Friday, in Midtown.
- NYC: A.G.G. W.O.P., a group show, at Asya Geisberg Gallery. Opens today at 6pm, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Elena del Rivero and Linn Meyers: Rhapsody, at Gering & López. Through September 7, in Chelsea.
- Linlithgo, N.Y.: Heavy Equipment, a group show, at CR10 Gallery. Through September 15, in the Hudson Valley.
- L.A.: Daido Moriyama, at Prism Gallery. Through August 12, in West Hollywood. (I saw work by this artist at Steven Kasher in New York. This is definitely worth checking out.)
- L.A.: Robert Russell, Men Who Are Named Robert Russell, at François Ghebaly. Through August 10, in Culver City.