The original scheme for LAX, by the firm of Pereira and Luckman. From the exhibition Never Built L.A., at the Architecture and Design Museum, Los Angeles; opening Sunday. (Courtesy LAX Flight Path Learning Center.)
- Honolulu: A secret pop-up exhibition in honor of Craig Kaufmann, installed by Billy Al Bengston, at the Honolulu Museum. Opens today.
- L.A.: Werner Herzog: Hearsay of the Soul, at the Getty Center. Through January 19, in West L.A.
- L.A.: Sign Painters, a screening of a film by Faythe Levine, at the Fowler Museum. On Thursday, at 7pm, at UCLA.
- Reno: Modernist Maverick: The Architecture of William L. Pereira, at the Nevada Museum of Art. Opens Saturday.
- Aspen: Lorna Simpson: Works on Paper, at the Aspen Art Museum. Opens Thursday.
- Chicago: MCA Chicago Plaza Project: Amanda Ross-Ho, at the Museum of Contemporary Art. Through November.
- NYC: Robert Irwin, in Conversation with Donna De Salvo, at the Whitney Museum. This Thursday, at 6:30pm.