The Death of American Spirituality, 1987, by David Wojnarowicz. Part of the exhibition Take it or Leave It: Institution, Image, Idealogy, at the Hammer Museum. Opens Sunday, in Westwood. (Collection of John Carlin and Renee Dossick. Courtesy of the Hammer.)
- L.A.: A Royal Passion: Queen Victoria and Photography, and Hiroshi Sugimoto: Past Tense, at the Getty Museum. Through June 8, in West L.A.
- L.A.: Fútbol: The Beautiful Game, at the L.A. County Museum of Art. Through July 20, in Mid-City.
- L.A.: Love is in the Air, at 2A Gallery. Opens Saturday, with an opening reception this Sunday at 7pm, in Downtown.
- Hartford: Allison Schulnik, Matrix 168, at the Wadsworth Atheneum. Opens Thursday.
- NYC: Doug Wheeler, at David Zwirner. Opens Thursday, at the 20th Street location, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Julije Knifer, at Mitchell-Innes & Nash. Opens Thursday, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Deborah Brown, Outer Limits, and Misrepresentation, a group exhibition, at Lesley Heller Workspace. Opens Thursday at 6pm, on the Lower East Side.
- NYC: Intimate Science, at the Sheila C. Johnson Design Center at Parsons The New School for Design. Opens Thursday, in the Village.
- NYC: Cassius Fouler, Painting is the Curse of the Drinking Class, at Pandemic Gallery. Opens Saturday at 7pm, near the Brooklyn Navy Yard.