An installation view of Jacob Hashimoto’s Gas Giant, at the MOCA Pacific Design Center. Opens Saturday, in West Hollywood. (Image nabbed from Nancy Lee’s Instagram.)
- L.A.: Robert Mapplethorpe, As Above, So Below, at OHWOW. Opens today at 7pm, in West Hollywood.
- L.A.: Walead Bashty, Selected Bodies of Work, at Regen Projects. Through April 5, in Hollywood.
- L.A.: Nicola Tyson, at Susanne Vielmetter Projects. Opens Saturday, in Culver City.
- L.A.: Yoshitimo Nara, at Blum & Poe. Opens Saturday, in Culver City.
- L.A.: Ray Eames, In the Spotlight, at the Alyce de Roulet Williamson Gallery. Opens today at the Art Center College of Design, in Pasadena.
- Marfa: Teresa Hubbard and Alexander Birchler, Sound Speed Marker, at Ballroom Marfa. Opens today at 6pm.
- NYC: Let’s Get Digital: Spectrum Presents a Conversation on Digital Art, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Today at 6:30pm, on the Upper East Side.
- NYC: Radiant Light: Stained Glass from Canterbury Cathedal, at the Cloisters. Through May 18, in Fort Tryon Park.
- NYC: Germaine Richier, at Dominique Lévy, in collaboration with Galerie Perrotin. Through April 12, on the Upper East Side.
- NYC: Jorge Pardo, Inert, at Petzel Gallery. Opens Saturday at 6pm, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Erwin Wurm, Synthesa, at Lehmann Maupin. Through April 19, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Kiki Smith: Wonder, at Pace Gallery. Opens today, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Sebastian Masuda, Colorful Rebellion — Seventh Nightmare, at Kianga Ellis Projects. through March 29, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Rashaad Newsome, Five, at the Drawing Center. Next Thursday, March 6, in SoHo. RSVP required.
- NYC: Abbott and Marville: The City in Transition, at Howard Greenberg Gallery. Opens April 11, in SoHo.
- NYC: Ward Shelley and Alex Schweder, In Orbit, at the Boiler. Opens today at 7pm, in Williamsburg.
- Tokyo: The Marvelous Real: Contemporary Spanish and Latin American Art from the MUSAC Collection, at the Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo. Through May 11.
- Beirut: Animism, at Ashkal Alwan. Through April 4.