Thanks to Chris Henderson, of Moviehouse at 3rd Ward, for introducing me to this video.
Hey Folks: I have the perfect tsunami of deadlines this week, which means the blog will be receiving short shrift. In the meantime, here are a few scattered links I managed to round up before reality caught up with me. xox, C.
- Congrats to Morrison from NYC for winning the C-Mon giveaway extravaganza, Vandal Squad edition.
- Two worthwhile interviews on Studio 360: One with Mr. Jalopy (maker of the world’s biggest iPod) and the other, with Paul H-O, co-director of Guest of Cindy Sherman (which includes sublime audio of El Schnabel being Schnabel-esque!). Awesome.
- Speaking of which, El Schnabel to sell his Picasso to cover costs at Palazzo Chupi.
- Gigantor Frank Stella at SFMOMA. (Modern Art Notes.)
- Alex Katz, J. Crew model. (Modern Art Notes.)
- Whoa! The guys at Graffiti Research Lab are working on a tool that draws brush strokes using eye motion. (Grazie, San Suzie!)
- KFC’s corporate graffiti. (@jackscuache)
- Today’s Street Art: Calama, in Brazil. Update: The name is Calma! My bad…
- This architectural discussion tomorrow evening about Lima and L.A., at the MAK Center in SoCal, looks highly interesting.
- Looks like The Zaha’s Michigan State University museum is in trouble ‘cuz it’s waaaaay too pricey.
The Bryce Wolkowitz Gallery in NYC has an interim show up prior to Armory-palooza that is definitely worth checking out. It’s a gathering of high-tech pieces by their stable of artists, which includes Jim Campbell, Marina Zurkow, Vuk Cosic and Monika Bravo. Expect lots of super-cool visuals designed to inspire the little stoner that lives inside each and every one of us.
Click on the pics to make ‘em large. Money shots after the jump.