1) I’m goin’ on vacay and won’t be back at the keyboard until the middle of next week.
2) I’ve been machinatin’ and schemin’ over my little Rhizome project and I am happy to announce that I have a plan. I can’t totally reveal my plan, as it’ll just encourage some biter with no imagination to beat me to the punch, but I can give you a few deets, since I’m asking y’all for money:
- It will not incorporate profanity, large phalluses, or religious icons — or any combination thereof.
- I can promise that it will be in no way socially or politically redeeming.
- I think it’s a clever idea, but I’ll let you be the judge of that…
- Everyone who gives money will be thanked, on Rhizome’s site, for contributing. (I’ll be in touch with you privately about how you want to be credited.)
- Any money raised for this venture will be turned over to Rhizome, a digital arts non-profit. I’m not gonna make a single red cent. (In fact, I feel so strongly about this ridiculosity, I’ll be investing a coupla Benjamins of my own.)
- My goal: If I can raise about $400, that would be smashing. Anything I might make beyond that will be duly invested in making my Rhizome extravaganza bigger and badder.
- My aim is to get this sucker up by the end of April, when I return from my much-needed eat-a-thon/vacation.