A window installation made from bags of Utz potato chips, by Brent Birnbaum. Part of the artist’s solo exhibit …And Justice for Mall of America, on view at 2nd street Gallery, in Charlottesville, Va. Through December 21. (Image courtesy of the artist.)
- Sarasota: Paolo Veronese: The Master and His Workshop in Renaissance Venice, at the Ringling Museum of Art. Opens Friday.
- NYC: Matisse: In Search of True Painting, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Through March 17, on the Upper East Side.
- NYC: Cellblock I and Cellblock 2, at Andrea Rosen Gallery. Through February 2, at both of the gallery’s spaces in Chelsea.
- NYC: Speaking in Tongues, at Art in Flux Harlem. Opens today, in Harlem.
- NYC: Sicilian Sex Ghosts, a lecture by Paul Koudounaris. Next Tuesday, December 11, at 8pm, at the Observatory, in Gowanus.
- L.A.: New Bohemia Signs: East on Sunset, at Subliminal Projects. Opens Friday at 8pm, in Echo Park.
- Oh, and there’s some stuff going on in Miami…