Untitled, date unknown, a photograph by Ralph Eugene Meatyard, from the solo exhibit Dolls and Masks, at the Art Institute of Chicago. Opens Saturday. This looks like it’s gonna be pretty boss. (Image courtesy of the Estate of Ralph Eugene Meatyard, Courtesy Fraenkel Gallery, San Francisco.)
- L.A.: Faile, LA Works on Paper: A Decade of Prints and Originals, at Post No Bills. Through July 2, in Venice.
- Santa Fe: Southern California Painting: 1970s Painting Per Se, at David Richard Contemporary. Opens Friday; artists reception on Friday, July 8 at 8pm.
- Houston: George Gittoes, Witness to War, at the Station Museum. Through September 18. This sounds super interesting. Hat tip to …might be good.
- NYC: Re-Collection, a group show, at the Sheila C. Johnson Design Center, at the Parson School of Design. Through September 7th.
- Plus, get my latest NYC picks over at Gallerina!!!