George Condo playing cards at the MCASD La Jolla gift shop. Want.
Where I’m hanging out with all kinds of crazy characters.
Hey Folks: The L.A. Department of Cultural Affairs is about to get its budget pulled out from under it, meaning that a lot of local organizations (that help keep artsy types employed) could suffer in a major way. If you live in L.A., please write to your councilman. (You can do that right here. It’s super easy.) If you want to learn more about the subject, check out Marshall Astor’s blog (here and here) and the LA Weekly. Thanks, C.
- In L.A.: Bas Jan Ader at Patrick Painter, through Feb. 13.
- In L.A.: Rachel Whiteread, Drawings, at the Hammer Museum, through May 3.
- In NYC: The Gentrification of Brooklyn: The Pink Elephant at MoCADA, opens Thursday at 6pm.
- In NYC: Eternal Return at Nurture Art in Brooklyn, through Feb. 28.
- In NYC: Colin Keefe, Architectural Pollination, at RHV Fine Art, opens Wednesday. Artist reception on Feb. 13 at 6pm.
- In Toronto: Gary Taxali at Narwhal Art Projects, through Feb. 28.
- In Brussels: Imágenes del Mexicano at BOZAR, through May 30.
- In Berlin: Michail Pirgelis, Ακρόπολης – Acropolis, at Sprüth Magers, through April 1.