Pegasus, by LA2 (Angel Ortiz). Part of the group show The Great Outdoors, which will also feature work by Michael De Feo, Swoon, Neckface, El Celso, Royce Bannon, Matt Siren, Lady Pink and others, at the Woodward Gallery in NYC, opening this Saturday at 6pm. (Image courtesy of Woodward.)
- NYC: Housing Works (whose bookstore I just love) is kicking off a benefit auction starting this Thursday. Check out the merch here, which includes photographic portraits of Jasper Johns and Willem De Kooning.
- NYC: Thomas Struth at Marian Goodman, opens Wednesday. Plus: Struth will be giving a talk at SVA next Monday at 6:30pm.
- NYC: Dan Graham, the Innocence Project and many others, in Mistaken Identity, at the Carriage House, opens Friday at 6pm.
- NYC: Phantom Sightings: Art After the Chicano Movement at El Museo del Marrio, through Sunday. (Get over there!!!)
- NYC: Amy Sillman, Transformer: How Many Light Bulbs Does it Take to Change a Painting?, at Sikkema Jenkins, through May 15. (Art Fag City.)
- NYC: Faile & Bäst, Deluxx Fluxx Arcade, at 158 Allen Street, through May 27.
- NYC: Swoon, Konbit Shelter, at the East River Park in Williamsburg Park in Brooklyn, through May.
- Moscow: Mark Rothko, Into the Unknown World, at the Garage Center for Contemporary Culture, through Aug. 14.