French Chris on the convertible, NYC, 1979, by Nan Goldin. Part of the exhibit Regarding Warhol: Sixty Artists, Fifty Years, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Through December 31, on the Upper East Side. (Image courtesy of the artist the Metropolitan Museum.)
- NYC: To be a lady: 45 Women in the Arts, at 1285 Avenue of the Americas Art Gallery. Opens Monday at 6pm, in Midtown.
- NYC: Selections from the Hoggard Wagner Collection, at English Kills. Opens Friday at 7pm, in Bushwick.
- S.F.: Mutables, at Eli Ridgway Gallery. Opens Saturday.
- Plus: The New Museum is showcasing experimental animation online. And it’s all kinda SimCity/Second Life.
- Plus plus: The Stedelijk Museum in Amsterdam re-opens this Sunday after an extensive renovation.