George, by Ries Niemi. Part of the exhibit The Hair Show, at the Argyle, in Bellingham, Wash. (Image courtesy of Niemi.)
- Seattle: Text Editor, a group show, at Soil. Opens today.
- L.A.: You Don’t Know Jack, at Katherine Cone Gallery. Opens Saturday, in Culver City.
- L.A.: JEFF&GORDON, Used with Deceit, at Beyond Baroque Literary/Arts Center. Opens Saturday at 5pm, in Venice.
- Chicago: Dawoud Bey, Harlem, U.S.A., at the Art Institute of Chicago. Opens today.
- Philadelphia: Paint It Now, at Space 1026. Opens Friday at 7pm.
- NYC: Sculpture Garden at the Onderdonk House. Opens Friday at 6pm, in Ridgewood.
- Plus: Get all my latest New York picks over at Gallerina…
The Decision to Flee, embroidery on paper, by Ries Niemi. Part of Niemi’s solo exhibit, That’s Not How I Remember It, at Punch Gallery in Seattle, opening Thursday. (Image courtesy of Niemi.)
- L.A.: Art in the Streets at the Museum of Contemporary Art, opens next Sunday, April 17.
- Portland: Sean Healy, Upstate: New Work, at Elizabeth Leach Gallery, opens Thursday at 6pm.
- S.F.: Roa: New Works, at White Walls Gallery, opens Saturday at 7pm.
- S.F.: Paul Chatem, Island of the Color Blind, at the Shooting Gallery, opens Saturday at 7pm.
- S.F.: Peter Adamyan, American Gris Gris, at Space Gallery, opens Saturday at 7pm.
- Springfield, Mass.: David Barsalou, Deconstructing Roy Lichtenstein, at the Bing Arts Center, opens Friday. A reception will be held at 5pm.
- Glenside, Penn.: Keith Haring: Subway Drawings, at the Arcadia University Art Gallery, through April 27.
- NYC: Julia Chang, Security is Mostly a Superstition, at Half Gallery, opens today at 6pm.
- NYC: Gradually Melt the Sky, an augmented reality project curated by Mark Skwarek and Will Papenheimer, at Devotion Gallery in Williamsburg, opens Friday at 7pm.
- NYC: Neil Farber, Slugging, at Edward Thorpe Gallery, opens Friday at 6pm.