Self Immolation in Afghanistan: A Cry For Help, by Stephanie Sinclair. Part of 2010, the Whitney Biennial, opening today in NYC. (Image courtesy of the Whitney Museum.)
- In L.A.: American Stories: Paintings of Everyday Life 1765-1915, at LACMA, opens Sunday.
- In L.A.: David Navas at Garage Gallery, opens Saturday at 8pm.
- In Chicago: William Eggleston: Democratic Camera, at the Art Institute of Chicago, opens Saturday.
- In Chicago: Matt Saunders, Parallel Plot, at the Renaissance Society at the University of Chicago, opens Sunday at 4pm.
- In NYC: The Five Year Anniversary Show at Jonathan LeVine, opens Feb. 27 at 7pm.
- In NYC: Konstantinos Stamatiou, Refused Reused, at Black & White, opens today at 6pm.
- In NYC: Projects 92: Yin Xiuzhen atMoMA, through May 24. This looks amazing.
- In Rome: Auschwitz Through the Lens of the SS, a photographic exhibit, at the Complesso del Vittoriano. The New Yorker had an incredible story about these pictures back in 2008.
- In Tokyo: Medicine and Art at the Mori Art Museum, through Feb. 28. More on that show here.