Holy Chorizo, Batman! There’s a naked superhero in my bedroom. (Image courtesy of J. Doe.)
I’m gonna be on the road for the next couple of weeks, which means posting will be very sparse — as in: no Digest. In the meantime, check out the saucy remixes of the world’s most clean-cut superhero (see above), as done up by J. Doe and featured on the website Mr. Marvel. Find the full series of redone comics here.
Plus, some links from the weekend:
- Aquarium phone booth.
- Tomorrow Museum on “The Problem with Shepard Fairey.” More on the artist here. Plus: Fairey is arrested on the way to his opening at the ICA in Boston. (aczine.)
- Brandeis students hold a funeral for the Rose Art Museum. More on the general confusion at the university here, here and here.
- In related who-the-hell-knows-what’s-happening-at-the-museum news: Iowa reportedly not gonna sell its Pollock.
- Chris Bodle’s Watermarks Projects shows where the tides will reach should the entire Greenland Ice Cap melt.
- Really liking Alexander Heim’s short film Untitled (Dog), but Tank.tv‘s Flash-heavy website won’t let me link directly to it. To load the film, click on its title. It will be online until this Saturday, after which a new set of videos go up.
- Art critic Christopher Knight at the L.A.T. argues for a cultural jobs bill.
- Snow sculptures.
- The MassMoCA reception desk: pretty killer.
- A comprehensive photo essay of Herzog & de Meuron’s latest in Tenerife, Spain.
- Oscar Niemeyer agrees to not mess with his own skyline.
- When climbing walls resemble art museums.
- Billboard Remix: “Fox News: We deceive. You Believe.”
- Today’s Graff: Titi Freak in Brazil.
- Wii Spray.
- A little design inspiration.
- Giant robot spider! (Ekosystem.)
- Your moment of hobos from the future.