From the High Museum’s Civil Rights Photography Exhibit: The Chaney family as they depart for the burial of murdered civil rights activist James Chaney; Meridian, Miss. 1964. (Photo by Bill Eppridge.)
- In Atlanta: Road to Freedom: Photographs of the Civil Rights Movement 1956-1968 at the High Museum. More on a related exhibit here.
- In Miami: Tatiana Suarez at Deluxe Arts in Wynwood, opens Saturday.
- In NYC: Remix: New Modernities in a Post-Indian World at the Gustav Heye Center, opens Saturday.
- In NYC: The Crest Hardware Art Show in Brooklyn, opens Saturday.
- In NYC: Underground/Overground at Artbreak, opens Saturday.
- In NYC: Divine Lotteria at the Gowanus Studio Space in Brooklyn, opens Friday.
- In NYC: David Kinast at Winkleman, opens Friday.
- In NYC: Alison Elizabeth Taylor at James Cohan, through June 21st.
- In Philly: Ryan Beck in Here and There: 50 Days at 222 Gallery.
- In S.F.: 365, a group show, at 111 Minna.
- In L.A.: Bomb It to play at the Laemmle’s on Sunset, starting tomorrow.
- In L.A.: An Absolute Shower: The Art of Will Barras at the Carmichael Gallery, opens Saturday.
- In Madrid: Renaissance portraits at the Prado. (Via Personism.)
- In Geneva: Raymond Pettibon at BFAS.
Posted by C-Monster.