AIDS Wallpaper, 1989, by General Idea. Part of the exhibit This Will Have Been: Art, Love and Politics in the 1980s, at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago. Opens Saturday. (Image courtesy of AA Bronson.)
- L.A.: Daniel Joseph Martinez, I want to go to Detroit; Cheerleaders CHEER, at LaxArt. Through March 3.
- Detroit: Joshua White and Gary Panter’s Light Show, at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit. Opens Friday.
- Miami: Mary Ellen Mark: An American Odyssey, 1963-1999, at the Margulies Collection at the Warehouse. Through April 28, in the Wynwood District.
- Savannah: Leo Villareal, at the Jepson Center, one of the Telfair Museums. Through June 3.
- NY: We Are Cinema: 50 Years of the Filmmakers Co-op, at Microscope. Starts this Saturday at 5pm, in Bushwick.
- NY: Martin Bromirski, Rachel LaBine and Elizabeth Riley, at Storefront Bushwick. Opens Friday at 6pm.
- NYC: F*ck Art, street art meets sex, at the Museum of Sex. Opens today, in Manhattan.
- Plus: see my latest New York recommends over at Gallerina…