This will be a tough piece to watch come together: Suzanne Lacey is doing a reprise of a 1977 work in which she tracked rapes in Los Angeles for a period of three weeks. This year, the artist, with the assistance of the LAPD, will do the same for the rest of the month of January. The L.A. Rape Map will come together in Deaton Auditorium at police headquarters in downtown as part of the Los Angeles Goes Live series of performance art exhibitions presented by LACE. Seems like a must-see to me. Get the details here. (Image courtesy of the artist and LACE.)
- S.F.: Skewville, Playground Tactics, at White Walls. Opens Saturday, at 7pm.
- S.F.: An American Language, at Guerrero Gallery. Opens Saturday.
- L.A.: Daniel Richter, A concert of purpose and action, at Regen Projects. Through February 18, in West Hollywood.
- San Diego: John Banasiak, George Brown’s Bar, at Joseph Bellows Gallery. Opens Saturday, in La Jolla.
- NYC: Giles Thompson, New and Used, at Pandemic Gallery. Opens Saturday at 7pm.
- Plus: Get my latest New York picks over at Gallerina…