- Soaked in the same hot springs where Atahualpa once bathed.
- Sampled a local flavor of ice cream called Cajamarca Sky. (Which lies somewhere on the flavor continuum between FDC Blue No. 1 and pure sugar.)
- Watched the clusterfuck of plastic surgery known as The Expendables while sitting amid a gaggle of teens who chuckled ‘si si si’ every time someone got blown up.
- Joined a procession for one of Peru’s most venerated Christ figures.
- Ended the night at a small peña, drinking chilcanos and belting out Peruvian waltzes under an omnipresent poster of Che until two in the morning.
All photos by C-M.