Sound Manifest Horizon No. 1, by Augustine Kofie. Part of the group show L’Avenir, a Graffuturism Group Show, organized by Poesia, at White Walls Gallery. Opens Saturday in San Francisco. (Image courtesy of the artist and White Walls.)
- Orange County, Calif.: California Landscape Into Abstraction: Works from the Orange County Museum of Art, at OCMA. Opens Sunday, in Newport Beach.
- L.A.: John Kilduff, FastFood Paintings, at Blackstone Gallery. This Thursday, from noon to 9pm, in downtown.
- NYC: Emoji Art and Design Show, at Eyebeam Art & Technology Center. Opens Thursday, in Chelsea. On Saturday, there will be a panel, “I Have No Words: Emoji and the New Visual Vernacular, at 3pm, also at Eyebeam.
- NYC: Robert Mapplethorpe, Saints and Sinners, at Sean Kelly. Opens Saturday, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Danny Fitgerald and Les Demi Dieux: Brooklyn Boys, at Steven Kasher Gallery. Opens today at 6pm, in Chelsea.
Eureka Day, by Jessica Hess. Part of the exhibit Temporal Surfaces: New Works by Kevin Cyr and Jessica Hess at White Walls Gallery in San Francisco. (Image courtesy of White Walls.)
- In L.A.: Ed Templeton: The Seconds Pass, at Roberts & Tilton, through April 3.
- In L.A.: Luisa Lambri: Being There, at the Hammer Museum, through June 13.
- In L.A.: Building the Medieval World: Architecture in Illuminated Manuscripts, at the Getty Museum, through May 16.
- In Portland, Ore.: Melody Owen, Letters from Switzerland, at Elizabeth Leach, opens Thursday.
- In Seattle: Sylwia Tur, Mapping, at Monarch Contemporary, opens Thursday at 6pm.
- In Miami: Between Here and There: Modern and Contemporary Art from the Permanent Collection, at the Miami Art Museum, part of an on-going series.
- In Glenside, Penn.: Ai Weiwei, Dropping the Urn, at Arcadia University Gallery, through April 18.
- In NYC: Black Sun, a video by Alexandre Arrechea, screening on the NASDAQ building in Times Square, starting today at 7:50pm.
- In NYC: Shih Chieh Huang, Pepe & Popcorn, at Virgil de Voldere, through March 27.
- In NYC: Skin Fruit: Selections from the Dakis Joannou Collection, at the New Museum, opens Wednesday.
- In NYC: Armory Arts Week, kicks off Thursday.
- In London: Everybody All the Time: New work by Scott C. at London Miles, opens Thursday at 6pm.